Stock simulator, other project ideas

Who else is interested in the stock market simulator idea?  I think I
could work on it more any time now, but if I'm the only one working on
it it probably won't get done for a while.  :-)  Plus, I want to work
out a good design so that parts can be black boxed to different people.
Teamwork is necessary here if this will be worth anything.

Other things I'm thinking of working on:

 - A data control for GTK.  Would "connect" widgets to database fields
and add another widget to let the user browse the database with little
programming.  Very common in the 'Doze world, and is one reason why it's
so easy to build database apps with VB.  I don't think it would be all
that hard to write, but I'd need to correspond with a GTK guru to get a
good design.

 - A Crystal Reports like program.  This would need a team of 3-5 people
I think.  Perl would be an effective langauge for this, for several
reasons: You could embed Perl code in the report for conditional
operations (which would blow away Crystal's BASIC like language), it
could be modularized to produce code for Postscript or HTML, the Perl/Tk
canvas widget rocks and is easy to produce Postscript from.

Well, I hope people are thinking more about end user apps.  It's been
quiet here for a while!  Enough babbling, I need to get to bed......

Micah