Re: Commercial port advocacy howto

>>>RD == Roger Dingledine <arma@mit.edu> wrote at Fri, 25 Sep 1998 17:58:37
-0400 (DST):

>I think the next step in this document's evolution should be to
>make it available to the public and tell some people about it, and
>try to get comments. At the same time, you should mail Tim Bynum and
>see if he has written any guidelines on what gets to be a howto and
>what doesn't (I can do this if you want). As it becomes more final,
>announce it in wider and wider circles.
>
>I've cc'ed this to seul-project and seul-pub in case anybody jumps
>up and says "I've messed with sgmltools -- I can help turn your
>text into something that acts like a howto." If somebody does,
>that will free you up for writing more text rather than dealing with
>all the mechanics.
>
>Btw, how's the revision going?

I'd appreciate it if you could write Tim about this.  I'll try to get the
revision finished by early next week.  I would have done it today, but family
 stuff and homeowner chores intervened.  Right now I'm in the midst of
overseeing an orderly end to the Asimov Seminar (a 25 year old program
started by Isaac Asimov that I've essentially run for the past 4-5 years),
trying to get a design team going again to work on a squad-level, 20th
century tactical war game, planning the installation at work of an ATM
cell/signal screen as half of a "firewall," and thinking hard about trying to
 implement a proxy server on a beowulf cluster as the other half.  As some of
 this stuff settles down or gets finished I should have more time to work.

--
Doug Loss            The time for action is past!  Now
dloss@csrlink.net    is the time for senseless bickering!