Re: FVWM2 change (fwd)

Star's End wrote:

> What?
> Memory Usage - as much as is available
> disk usage - as little as possible
> first impression - simple don't overwhelm anyone.
> versitility - none on installation. This comes with learning about X.
> configurability - enough to get X running. The user should see the same
> desktop on every machine. That is what Windows gives.

I want serious input not sarcasm.

If you like what Windoze gives than use Windoze.  This is Linux not
WinBlows.

> I think a super install app would be needed when configuring X. The user
> should be given few choices during installation and configuration.

I agree.  I'm trying to find anything that comes close to build on.

> Customization should be something done on a system already installed.

Absolutely.  Given the targeted users, the WM easiest to configure might
be the best idea.  Without using something like WM2 as the main WM, as
your specifications would match.

> You are kidding right. Try thinking like this. Your boss knows you are
> the computer guru so he comes to you and asks you to install the operating
> system on the new computer. He gives you a tape reel, and a pamphlet
> descibing the latest lversion of MVS. What would you like the install to
> be like?

Huh?
Are you saying that this dist is targeted at the simpleton that knows
somebody that can install it for him?  Tape reel?  MVS?  I don't get
your point.