Re: The Kernel

Paul Anderson wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Roger R Dingledine wrote:
>
>  You've got it mixed up here, that ISN'T our job.  WE are NOT the kernel
> developers, and once we start doing this sort of stuff it's not Linux any
> more.  We give the customer the OFFICIAL kernel, we have no right to hack
> it, and add more hacks, and eventually create an entirely different and
> incompatible Linux.  Same thing happened with UNIX, sure we want to do
> that to Linux?  TTYL!

He's talking about the *SEUL* kernel not the *Linux core* kernel.  He's
talking about doing what every other dist does.  He's also saying that
SEUL should be more careful in putting out a top quality kernel as
opposed to some dists that might just throw it in without testing beyond
insuring it boots.

I was under the impression that the kernel patches came from kernel
developers to begin with, for the most part, and will end up in the
kernel source anyway.  So what's the problem, as long as *Linux core*
remains standard?