Re: The Distribution

George Bonser wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Rick Jones wrote:
>
> > I mean is there any doubt that the libc6 version of fdisk is going to be
> > in there?  Or the file system?  Or file utils? etc.
>
> THe current method of installing hamm is to use the bo install disks and
> then perform a tricky procedure to upgrade that CAN result in making your
> system unuseable if not followed EXACTLY.
>
> Way too risky.

You're obviously not following me.  I don't think.  The reason that is
so is because of the libc5 to libc6 transition.  If you take the list of
files in the bo installation disks and create a set using that list
*but* the versions of those files in hamm *not* bo, you will be close to
what hamm's installaiton disk are going to be anyway, save the new
install interface it's self.  Then there is no libc5 to libc6 problem
and you have a fair representation of what is needed in the Linux core.