Re: SEUL: Re: What's the diff to SEUL ? (fwd)

George Bonser wrote:

> On 17 Jan 1998 john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
>
> > Why not pull the kernel off the CD?  That would require somehow acquiring a
> > set of CD drivers for FreeDOS, but it should still leave plenty of space on
> > the floppy for a fancy pre-install program to do all the stuff you suggest
> > below and then some.
>
> Sounds like we think alike!  I just suggested this in another email.
> I have rerouted this to distrib where the conversation SHOULD be taking
> place. :)

 was in the computer store, at the mall, just the other day, where most
of our target audience probably gets info etc. and there was a guy in
there looking at software.  He asked the girl what the cd on the box
meant.  Do I need to say any more?

Ok.  I will =)  She told him it meant the software is on a CD-ROM.  His
next question was????  Does that mean I have to buy a CD-ROM to use it?

How many CI ppl out there do you suppose buy a computer and say "I don't
need a CD-ROM on my computer, I can just use my stereo."  And figure
they'll save a few bucks buying it without the CD-ROM, bragging to
buddies on the deal they got by not getting it with the CD-ROM, only to
find out that CD-ROM wasn't to play music.  Well, not just music.

Sorry.  I can see this guy doing that and find it hilarious.  You know
it happens.