Re: The Kernel (fwd)

> On 21 Jan 1998 jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:
>

> > No way to include every SCSI controller.  The way to go is initrd.
> >
> > --
> > 			Jean Francois Martinez
> >

> Or we do like Debian and Caldera does, compile the controllers as modules
> and dprovide a "drivers" diskette.

Wonderful!  How do you do for reading your SCSI driver if / is in an
SCSI disk?  Or are you going to load them from a floppy?  Debian and
Caldera dpn't put the SCSI drivers on floppy only network and PCMCIA
drivers.

Because SCSI can be needed for booting you have only two choices:
compiling them in the kernel or using initrd.  Debian compiles them in
and that results in a big kernel slow to boot due to probing: it is
difficult to live with.  So you recompile.  Do you think this a task
for a SEUL user?

The Debiabn kernel is not an example to follow for SEUL.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez