Re: Flame

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998, Rick Jones wrote:

> I've seen him do this a dozen times this week.  If you show him he's
> wrong he just stops responding to your email.  I've seen him do the same
> thing in the Debian lists.

Huh? I lurk the debian lists the the only one I have ever posted to is
debian-user and then only to help someone else out or to ask a question
myself.  I do not maintain any Debian packages so I do not post in
debian-devel since there is enough noise already.  The last time I was in
any discussion of import in the Debian lists was twice in the last year.
Once about a year ago when I put forward a concept nearly identical to
Core and once sveral months ago when I put forward the concept of a common
packaging format for all linux distributions.  That eventually went to
private email as I learned about the then upcoming 86Open project.

Both of those discussion were in debian-user and were more of the nature
of "gee, wouldn't it be nice if ... " kinds of discussions.  There is an
archive of the lists off of the Debian web page.

http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org