Re: Potential Improvements

George Bonser wrote:

> BTW, I just installed WindowMaker ... it is ok but nothing to write home
> about.  One thing I really NEED is a pager where I can see where I put
> stuff.  I hate things like CDE that have multiple desktops but I have to
> go clicking around to find where I left something.  With fvwm and its
> pager, I can SEE a little mini representation of the desktops and I can
> drag an app from another desktop to the one I am working on, do something
> and drag it back.

I believe the Debian package is outdated.  The website
(www.windowmaker.org) shows a different deal than what I have for
windowmaker from Debian.

I'll have to check, since my mind has been pretty feeble this week, but
I think the pager is standard, all window managers can use it and set it
up to display that stuff.  In any case, the pager you are using can be
used in any other window manager.  Nothing says we can't max and match
parts to get *our* opinion of a good GUI.

BTW.  I am running hamm, and had the dot-file generator.  I just checked
it out last night.  That is an oustanding interface to those options to
various packages.