The Kernel Thing (fwd)

I suggest two things. First is a VGA maintanence mode X configuration.
The second is a SVGA configuration. hack startx or xinit to try the SVGA
config, and if it fails, to try the VGA config.

For the most part your average new system should be able to run SVGA in 8
bits per pixel mode.

If the user wants to use an accelerated server it is up to him to figure it
out for th initial release.

The best I can think of for a PPP Config is a tk/tcl script that asks the
correct questions and sets up a chat script.

> It looks like we have two goals: 1) Ease of use and 2) standardization.
> How about we pick one of these first.  Once we get a distribution that is
> as easy as Windows to install, we are then ready to start standardizing.
> This is not to say that some groundwork can not be lain along the way.

Actually you will get more mileage from standardization first. If you can
make a package appealling to a signficant group, they will tolerate problems
and quirks.

just a thought.