Re: Task Topics

>Following are some ideas for task help (described in an earlier
>message). Some method of managing these tasks (so that all
>docs use the correct task names) should be used (if a substantial
>number of people are expected to end up writing these (eg, every
>programmer for their own programs??)). This will be discussed at
>a later time, if this idea doesn't die earlier.
>
>Any comments?

Execellant idea, I don't know about anyone else but my little
installation/file
maintenance program is at the general point where a help file (although I
don't think it is needed, but then who can say) can be constructed.  Just
waiting on some word about file formats/locations/etc.

>File Management Tasks
>
>* Copying a directory
>* Copying a file
>* Deleting a directory
>* Deleting a file
>* Making a directory
>* Making a file
>* Moving a file
>* Moving a directory
>
>Hardware
>
>* Formatting a floppy
>* Formatting a hard drive
>* Installing a hard drive
>* Installing a mouse
>* Installing a sound card
>* Mounting a drive
>* Partitioning a hard drive
>* Unmounting a drive
>
>Help Tasks
>
>* Getting help on...
>* Getting programming help
>* Running help
>* Searching help
>
>Multimedia
>
>* Playing a cd
>* Playing midi files
>* Playing real audio files
>* Playing sound
>* Playing wav files
>* Recording sound
>* Viewing pictures
>* Viewing videos
>
>Productivity Application tasks
>
>* Writing html
>* Writing text
>
>Program Tasks
>
>* Installing DEBs
>* Installing new software
>* Installing *.tar.gz programs
>* Installing RPMs
>* Killing a program
>* Listing running programs
>* Running a program
>
>User management tasks
>
>* Adding a new user
>* Changing a password
>* Deleting a user
>
>X-Window Management
>
>* Opening an xterm
Your listing of topics seems more like a on-line tutorial then a help system
(is there a difference????) but it is a good starting point.

    Greg