What's wrong with HOWTOs?

What *is* wrong with the HOWTOs? This is a question that
must be answered if we are to improve them. Here are some of
my problems with them. Anybody have any additions or
disagreements?

1. Difficult to find the one I need when I need it.
2. It is difficult to find the specific information I need - they are not
   organized for rapid information finding.
3. Several HOWTOs are needed often to answer a problem - and is
    if not always obvious where the aditional information is.
4. Some information is not covered by the selection of HOWTOs.

Any suggestions?

Ken Duck