Some stuff I wrote

Hi.

I've been working on some UNIX tutorials recently. The tutorials are about:

procmail	(the man pages have mistakes and unreliable recipes, and
the documentation is too much for a beginner to sift through )

grep 		(the man page is woefully inadequate, and has mistakes.)

sed 		(the manpage is too concise to help anyone who doesn't know it
already)

and there's also a general tutorial, but it's in need of a big overhaul.
As to the style I've gone for, it is basically like this:
Examples,examples,examples.
I do not "define" any syntax without giving an example.

This is possibly a little off topic for dev-help , but I thought you may
be interested. Recently, when I mentioned the procmail tutorial on the
redhat install list (lots of newbies), I was bombarded with emails wanting
to see it.

So anyway, if you are interested in seeing example-heavy tutorials on the
"old style" unix stuff, check out

http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/unix/grep.html
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/unix/sed.html
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/unix/procmail.html

I also plan to write about simpler things ( how to use tar to
make/extract an archive, how to break a file into 1.4MB chunks, etc )

Theres already basic stuff on

http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/unix/
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/unix/quickguide.html

but I am not really satisfied with these-- they will be given an
overhaul.

__
^[Dd]ono(va[nN])? *[Rr]ebbechi *
$\*\*\* (WW)?Web-(WW)?Weaver \\
Project Independence -- Linux for the Masses
http://independence.dunadan.com