Re: Help topics / task help

A long time ago I responded that I would try to come up with some more
ideas for your list. Here are some further ideas.

Once we have enough and some idea of where we want to go with them
exists it would be worthwhile to start writing. The xhelp (or whatever
we end up using for help) is only yet another man/html browser until
we have some new content to supply.

> > Keeping a list of "Tasks People Want to Do with a Computer" sounds cool.
> > I'll cut 'n paste the list onto my web page if no one else volunteers.
>
> Great. I'll spend some time on the weekend (I will be away from home
> and have no web connection) and come up with some more for your list.
> I will mail it on Monday.

(Monday. Hah. Ya, right)

See ya.

Ken

Note, that the tasks I am adding below are an attempt to add more detail,
and are not all new ideas. I stole lots of them.

Note again: The actual content depends on SEUL application choices.

even more tasks:

(What applications are installed?)
  Sending a fax
  Word processing

(Is there a file manager?)
  Creating a folder
  Finding a file
  Moving a file
  Copying a file
  Deleting a file
  Undeleting a file
  Running a program

(Installer)
  Installing new programs
  Uninstalling programs
  Listing installed applications

(Customizing the desktop)
  Making shortcuts (symbolic links)
  Changing desktop colours
  Changing fonts
  Changing desktop size
  Adding virtual desktop
  (Adding shortcut to desktop)
  (Adding application to toolbar)

(Xwindows config)
  Changing screen resolution
  Setting up mouse

(Hardware)
  *Setting up mouse
  Setting up keyboard
  Setting up/changing monitor
  " Modem

(Networking)
  Setting up ppp
  Joining a UNIX network
  Setting up tcp/ip
  Setting up ipx
  Setting up SMB (and what is that anyways?)

(Troubleshooting)
  My mouse doesn't work
  I can't log in