RE: What help system will we use?

> One thought, semi-tangential, that has crossed my mind is that, though I
> do* want SEUL to succeed (emphisis, emphisis... no I'm not a defector,
> nor encouraging defections), *if* for any reason the overall project
> bogs down, the SEUL help project would *still* be useful as a standalone
> project.

Especially considering that until SEUL develops further we do not know
for sure what desktop or whatever will be used. This will allow us to
accomodate whatever the final decisions are (more than just hoping we
select the correct one.)

> If we plan as if we could be a standalone project, then the sensible
> approach as far as help browsers and help documentation goes is to pick
> a help browser for working purposes, but choose a document format that
> readily lends itself to conversion to other help system browsers.

This raises an interesting task. That of finding as many translators to and
from different formats as possible, so that we may keep this as flexible
as possible.

I found some at:

http://www.hypernews.org/HyperNews/get/www/html/converters.html

Anyone know of any others?