Re: Barriers to entry

> I have numerous documents that you might find useful but I'm not going to
> wade through layers of bullshit to have them submitted to the site.

Then by all means, send whatever you have to the seul-pub-www mailing list.
I don't want to keep anyone from submitting anything, but please keep in
mind the fact that we have limited manpower.  My main reason for requesting
that you write in sdoc (or at least html) is to keep those few people who
are willing to work on the website from being swamped.

Please, if anyone has documentation of any kind, just submit it to the
seul-pub-www list (and subscribe if you want to help).  If we know what to
do with it, we'll put it on the web.  We may have to create a staging area
where we can put docs we don't know what to do with, but that's trivial.

So for now the process will be: submit anything and everything you have to
seul-pub-www, they'll figure out what to do with it.  If it requires
converting to sdoc, that will be done, and the document will be place in
the CVS repo and on the website.  Because sdoc as we use it right now is a
trivial (two new tags) change from HTML, you can then maintain the
documents in CVS yourself.  I'll create accounts on cvs.seul.org for anyone
who will be writing web pages.

TIA,
   Omega

     Erik Walthinsen <omega@seul.org> - SEUL Project system architect
        __
       /  \                SEUL: Simple End-User Linux -
      |    | M E G A            Creating a Linux distribution
      _\  /_                         for the home or office user