ae

I posted a message about this to the application list
but I got no response.I was trying out ae and although
it works great in the console I have trouble with some of
the function keys when running ae within an xterm.
     A simple solution would be to change the config files
for ae so it doesn't use any funtion keys but I would
like some help with these keyboard issues.
     Since most of the text editors can be configured to
use different keys and display different help messages
these points may not be as big of an issue as size.
     Although support for multiple kinds of terminals
is a great advantage for Unix in general, it can be
an annoyance for a console only machine.
                                           -Jeff