Re: Monitor Database

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Jeffrey wrote:

> I was thinking of starting a list of monitor spec list to aid in setting
> up X. Does plug and play work with monitors? Is this not needed

You are not the first person to think of this!  I believe the intention
was to loot Windows' monitor database for the information.  Someone was
gonna decipher the Windows monitor database fileformat and send it to me
so I could parse it into a text file of some sort.  This is, however
exactly what we need.

Plug and play is basically irrelevant to monitors.  All the "plug and
play" they advertise for monitors can do is report back to the computer
whether the monitor can sync at the frequencies the video card is sending
it.  Naturally, this won't do for X.  :)