Re: SEUL: Stopping dreams

Cyberdyn wrote:
> The major concern at this point is changing video cards.
>
> If I can't find some program out there that will read the non-pci model from
> memory it might become a major project to come up with a way to catch new cards
> before they get into the GUI.  But I already have some ideas on handling this as
> well.  Not as good as catching it at boot time but they'll work in a pinch.

In most cases the driver will fail to load with a changed card ... that
can be
caught.  The problem is when the driver dose load on the wrong card a
weird
things happen to the screen.  That can only be caught if the user dose
some sort
of improper shutdown ( reset button ).  Neither of these is "quite right
so the
best bet is a vastly improved detection engine.
BTW : I still want to know how this LOD was killed.  I just find it
impressive
that you could do in a few days what a legion couldn't do in years.
--
: "Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the
: backbone, bounced from satellite, Nothing but net."