RE: GGI/Berlin?

Þann 08-Feb-98 skrifar Cyberdyn:

> I haven't looked at Berlin in some time, but I was under the impression that
> Berlin is the next version of X, i.e. X11R6.4  or X11R7.  Am I incorrect?
>
> Could you point me to the Berlin page?  I was looking for it a few weeks ago
> and couldn't remember where it is.

  You can locate it at http://www.berlin-consortium.org and no, it is NOT
based on X11, and is not X11R7.  It is designed to be a replacement for X,
and as far as I could read, applications need to be explicitly written for
berlin.

  It's supposedly uses ORB structure for object relations :-)

Just my 2 cents.

Orn Einar Hansen                         oe.hansen@oehansen.pp.se
                                          oehansen@daimi.aau.dk
                                        voice+fax; +46 035 217194