Re: SEUL: SEUL duplicating efforts?

Orn E. Hansen wrote:

> Þann 15-Feb-98 skrifar Kevin Forge:
> > Much as I hate to admit it.  NT has a more elegant solution.
> > Hard Reboot.  then select "WinNT VGA mode" at the boot manager prompt.
> > You can then boot up to a basic VGA screen and setup the graphics.
>
>   Just in case you didn't get it, I was describing this "failsafe" of
> yours failing.

I was trying to make this point.  Any Fail-safe can fail.  And because
of there complexity it's near impossible to make an unbreakable GUI
How are you going to prevent a user from telling his computer that
his old ( pree PnP ) NEC 14" monitor is actually a 21" Monitor of the
same vintage ?  There must be a way out that works weather or not the
GUI thinks it's broken.  This escape must leave him in a position to
easily configure his system.
IE.. "type setup at the prompt and get a menu to select what you wish
to configure ( It will ask you for root password ),  You can then
select 'X Windows' ( Linux people don't like that name ... but it's
catchy ).

--
: "Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the
: backbone, bounced from satellite, Nothing but net."