RE: GGI/Berlin?

Þann 11-Feb-98 skrifar Tim Thomson:

> Yes, I agree with what you say about Berlin. Maybe when it becomes popular
> we could move to it, but thats a long time away.

  Not necessarily popular, but when it becomes useful.  That is, when
there is enough software on it, to make it possible to use it on daily
bases.

> Have you looked at GGI though? This is a kernel interface (I think), to
> the hardware that graphics programs can use for screen access.
> SVGAlibs have already been written in ELF format (I think), and an
> unaccelerated X server has been written.
>
> The idea is to stop the system dying, if X or a SVGAlib program dies.
> (Sometimes you have to do a hardware reset unless you have a remote
> terminal!!!)

  No, I haven't looked... thanks for the pointer, I'll take a look.

Orn Einar Hansen                         oe.hansen@oehansen.pp.se
                                          oehansen@daimi.aau.dk
                                        voice+fax; +46 035 217194