[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SEUL: Stopping dreams
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Moved to the UI list.
On 17-Feb-98 Kevin Forge wrote:
- ->> This really wasn't a dumb idea at all. The thing is that the startx script
- ->> is somewhat flawed, it always tries to start on the first console. But you
- ->> could call Xinit, and have a little function that checks for the first
- ->> display, the second, etc, until it finds one that hasn't been taken yet,
- ->> and then fires up X.
- -> Start on the first console ?
Startx freezes the console it was started on unless you use the background (&)
arg to leave the console free for use and starts on the first free console.
Xinit allows you to specify which console the Xserver uses, I don't know if
you can specify a used (spawned) console or not. Xinit is obsolete. Read the
man page on XDM under the "tty" arg.
XDM uses the first free (non-spawned) console, normally tty7.
E-Mail: Cyberdyn@seul.org Date: 17-Feb-98 Time: 02:39:35
No amount of careful planning will ever replace dumb luck.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----