RE: SEUL: A Linux Annoyance

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> Well, ^s ^q even works in the DOS type command.  It is called xon-xoff.
>
> If a user does not know that you use ^s to stop console output and ^q to start
> it again, they really need to go back to using computers 101.

there are a lot of people who aren't aware of this. I wasn't aware
of it until it came up in the newsgroup. Despite the fact that I was
considerably more advanced at
that stage than our target audience. Given our fairly illiterate
audience, this response is less than adequate. we might as well say that
anyone who can't handle a command line needs to go back to comp 101. and
they'll all go back to "Windows 101" instead.

-- Donovan