Re: XDM... source level

Þann 03-Mar-98 skrifar Cyberdyn:

> Any dialog type language that runs in an Xterm and accepts mouse clicks can
> be
> used to display an entire menu at the XDM login screen.  It has to use the
> mouse though since XDM confines keyboard commands to the login widget.

  The way we used to do this in the old days, was to call 'xmenu' from
within the session script.

  It's just as was point out earlier, if it isn't too much a hassle than
doing it within the source is cleaner and nicer.  And won't disappear
by the user misinterpreting or misconfiguring scripts.

Orn Einar Hansen                         oe.hansen@oehansen.pp.se
                                          oehansen@daimi.aau.dk
                                        voice+fax; +46 035 217194