How about an inter-project project?

I was thinking last night about what would be needed to get our work
actually used in schools.  Besides having software for pedagogical
purposes that runs on Linux, we'll need lesson plans and exercises that
use that software and teaching material in the school's native
language.  Interestingly enough, we have a few projects that can address
each aspect of the need.  I wonder if we shouldn't work on preparing
everything we need to use one or another program and then use that
effort as a template on which to build others.

Perhaps we could ask the open textbook project to work on a geometry
text geared toward Dr Geo while at the same time helping Hilaire refine
and improve the program.  Lesson plans could be developed in concert
with the open textbook, and everything could be passed on to Barret's
translation project for conversion into multiple languages.  Since Dr
Geo is designed for multiple languages it should work very nicely.

If all this works out we could consider Micah and Mauricio's Derive-like
program and Odile's Promath for areas to work diligently on.  If we can
come up with enough course material (let's not forget GNUplot) for
mathematics, we might be able to get some Linux machines in schools for
mathematics computer labs.

What do you all think?

--
Doug Loss                 A life spent making mistakes is not only
Data Network Coordinator  more honorable, but more useful than a