[seul-edu] Re: It looks like I'm going to learn Python

At 20:23 05/04/00 -0500, you wrote:
>         There's two books from O'Reilly on Python. Get the thinner of the two
>books. It's cheaper and will contain all the information (and more) you need.
>Also, keep in mind while you're learning it, you don't kneed to know very much
>about the language to be productive. My guess is that you'll want to learn how
>to do the Object Oriented stuff but your students certainly won't need to.
>
>         Cheers,
>
>         Rakis

Furthermore, the "big one" aka  Programming Python is a bit outdated.
(see http://shell.rmi.net/~lutz/errata-python-changes.html)

The Online/Offline Python tutorial is quite a nice start.

And yes, Learning python is a great book
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/lpython/

--
  jm