Re: [seul-edu] Win NT w/Linux Server?

* Bill Tihen (bill@mail.tasis.ch) [000420 10:30]:
> I would like to have a set up where linux/samba server
> acts as the file and authentication server for NT/2000
> boxes (as well as a file server for Win 98 boxes).  I
> have never seen a way to do the NT login authentication
> without an NT server.  Any ideas?

I've taken a look at it, and it is possible to make a Linux box act as
the PDC for NT boxes. Take a look at the Samba docs. (I know that it
is possible but I've never - yet - done it.)

ramin

--
Ramin Miraftabi                         Student of Computer Science
email: ramin@cs.joensuu.fi              University of Joensuu

    - GPG public key ID 49C9CFF7 -- (c) Copyright 2000 -