Re: [seul-edu] Win NT w/Linux Server?

Samba does support NT login, and it even supports PDC (unsupported
officialy) and BDC roles in an NT Domain.

Normaly for an NT domain setup, a very small (low end pentium class, etc)
NT server with a very low license count should be used as a PDC, and the
Linux servers setup as BDCs.

I would advocate the use of Linux on the desktop, as it does work rather
well, especialy in a very network centric environment (I am typing this
at a computer lab we (http://www.osef.org) installed in Tucson AZ, the
system does not have a hard disk drive, or floppy disk drive, it uses
NFS root, and swap over NBD, I could hit the reset button for all the
system cares, and the file system will still be perfectly intact).

			Harry

--
Open Source Education Foundation, http://www.osef.org/