Re: [seul-edu] Win NT w/Linux Server?

The main thing that I want is to require people to log
into computers and then use them.  With Macs there is no
requirement (I guess MacOS 9 allows this, but I doubt it
will look to a server, Linux uses NIS, WinNT uses PDCs
to log in users.  I would like to know how to make this
happen since it is possible.  On the otherhand, if I can
get away with inexpensive computers where then HDs can't
crash, then that's even better.

Quoting Manuel Gutierrez Algaba <irmina@ctv.es>:

> On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:
> >  [...]
>
> I don't know what's exactly the problem, but once a
friend
> of mine showed me a program whose name is "vnc" I
think, from
> ATT. This program is very nice, you can open a window
with
> Windows 9? NT in your Linux, more or less like a
X-windows, or
> you can open Linux inside your Windows or you can open
Mac in
> your Linux or viceversa. It's a protocol similar to
X-Windows
> and may suit many of your needs. It's not an emulator
but
> a "general"-X-Window system... Certainly it's worth a
try, you
> can use Linux in all your Windows machines  ( if you
have a Linux
> box), or viceversa ...
>
> Sorry for not giving the URL, I don't have it,...
nothing is perfect.

> Of course, the programm is free.
>
> Regards/Saludos
> Manolo
> www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html
/texpython.htm
> /pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm
>
>   You may already be a loser. -- Form letter received
by Rodney
> Dangerfield.

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>