Re: [seul-edu] Too quiet

Too quiet? I was pulling an all-nighter last night :) Actually something
I've been playing with recently is Phat Linux, it's distributed as a .zip
file, you uncompress a drive image that's about 650Mb uncompressed onto
your hard drive in c:\phat, and you can just double-click the PIF file
(Win95 Shortcut) and boot into Linux, no repartitioning or anything. It
seems to be based off Mandrake, and looking at the setup it seems to be
the best newbie distro of Linux I've found. No "complicated"
repartitioning and multiboot configurations to be hassled with, comes with
KDE and themes already config'd, just all around a great little intro
distro. It can be found at http://www.phatlinux.org/ IIRC. I originally
helped a friend set it up here at the U. who wanted to do his project
locally since his dialup connection sucked so badly, now he's really
starting to get into Linux stuff. The great thing about it is, you can
play with it, and it you don't like it, you can just delete it.

--
Michael Hamblin            http://www.utdallas.edu/~michaelh/
michaelh@utdallas.edu      http://www.ductape.net/