Re: [seul-edu] Not too quiet :-)

SilviaO DiBlasio wrote:

> Hi, my name is Silvia Di Blasio and I´m a
> Computer-Science teacher in Valencia, Venezuela (South
> America).

Welcome, Silvia!  Just to satisfy my curiosity--since you're in
Venezuela, why is your email address an Argentinian one?

> I´m making a survey here in my country and in some
> others countries of Latin America about the use of
> Linux in Education and the level of Technology
> Integration in general.

We'll help in any way you'd like.  Would it be useful for us to suggest
questions for your survey?

> After this survey I would like to begin an "Linux in
> Education" movement in South America.

We'll certainly help with that.  When you get a website setup, we'll
mention it in our Linux in education report.  I don't know just how much
extra publicity that will get you, but it won't hurt.

> I need ideas, help and suggestions, and if you know
> about other people doing this in my region, please
> tell them to contact me.

I know there are some people from South and Central America on this
mailing list.  Folks, you can contact Silvia either directly or through
the mailing list.  If you get enough discussion and would like a
separate list, SEUL will be happy to provide one.  We can also host a
website, ftp server, etc.  This is an initiative that I'd personally
like to see succeed.

> Forget my English, it´s not my primary language.

Your English is much better than my Spanish.  Don't worry about it.

--
Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right track,
Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you just