Re: [seul-edu] RE: X-terminals

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 09:02:43AM -0700, Emilio Gerardo Milian wrote:
> I believe you can use 286 PC's as a router/firewall for your network.
> see: http://www.zdnet.com/eweek/stories/general/0,11011,2440959,00.html
> Here are some links providing information on how to make a linux router:
> www.linuxrouter.org/
> FREESCO: www.freesco.org/
> lrp.steinkuehler.net/
>  Router Projects: www.linuxrouter.org/mailm...nux-router
> FAQ'S: www.dreamwvr.com/lrp2-info/lrp2-faq.html
> beta.linuxrouter.org/faq/FAQ.html
>  mirrorS: lrp.c0wz.com/ - www.xtdnet.nl/linux-router/

Which of these sites gives info about Linux being run on a 286?  For the
reasons I mentioned earlier Linux will *not* run on a 286.  If you have
specific resources that inidicate otherwise, I'd like to see them, but at
least a glance through the zdnet article and a couple of the other sites
didn't turn up anything about this.  ELKS, as I mentioned before, is the
only project I know of to allow Linux to run on a 286, and in its current
state, there are no network drivers, making it particularly unsuitable as
a router/firewall platform.

Ben