[seul-edu] booting linuxrc - network fails?

Hey gang...

It's been a while since I've even had time to keep up with the list, but
things are busy as always here.  I'm trying to use a program that allows
"ghosting" over UDP to get some machines up and running.  It comes with
a modified Suse Linuxrc disk.  Kernel seems to boot ok, but when I put
correct network card module in, it says it was successful in loading,
but the network card "goes dead".  The instant I load the module, the
lights go out on the card.  I've looked all day and tried numerous
things, but nothing.  These are Dell P100t dimensions that were just
donated to us.  My thought was that it's a PCI auto configure problem or
something, but there's no way in the BIOS to even turn PCI off.

Any thoughts on what I need to do?  I would really appreciate anything
you could throw out.  Maybe this won't work when all is said and done,
but it's worth the try.  I was about to resort to doing some disk image
stuff to get system installs - so I may just end up going back that
direction.

Thanks a bunch...

Ryan Booz
Tech Coordinator