Re: [seul-edu] Linux computer lab

Hi All,

I've run a similar kind of lab for a couple of years except all
workstations are dual-boot windows/linux. I run 3 servers for web, internal
DNS, e-mail, proxy caching and windows networking (samba). In the linux
workstation, the login process should nfs mount the server home folder so
that all user files are available and the appropriate UID will give access.

Another approach, besides using NIS, (which I haven't yet implemented) is
to use LDAP. Get the client side software from:
http://www.padl.com

and of course use openldap.

My setup is visible at:

http://hhs.tfsd.sk.ca/network/schoolnet.html

A Linux advocacy page I also have on Saskatchewan Education site here:

http://www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/~ischool/linux

Les Richardson
H. Hardcastle School
Edam, Sk. Canada