Re: [seul-edu] Re: Gradebook project

David Frankson wrote:

> 2.)  Rather than developing your own SIS, why not combine your efforts with
> an open source SIS such as OpenSIS http://opensis.org/

What's the status of OpenSIS?  It looks stalled at best.  I think the field is
wide open, and it seems like Mike is actually going to go forward with coding,
which counts for everything.

> 3.)  Instead of developing a SIS why not focus on the gradebook, define file
> input/output formats, and develop a SIF client http://www.sifinfo.org/ for
> automated transfer.

Go here: <http://archives.seul.org/schoolforge/discuss/Jan-2002/threads.html>
and follow the threads about ZIS, SIF, and EduML for some detailed debate about
that.