Re: [seul-edu] MS targeting schools for software audits...

I have already sent this to linuxtoday.  I hope that doesn't cause any problems
here.

Paul.

Quoting Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net>:

% Paul Nelson wrote:
%
% > The 24 largest school districts in Oregon and Washington are being
% > audited my the Microsoft marketing department for license compliance.
% > Along with the letter from MS came an invitation to lease software from
% > MS as part of a school agreement that requires MS licenses for every
% > Pentium and PPC computer, even those running Linux or Mac OS.
%
% Paul,
%
%    Please forward this information to LinuxToday, NewsForge, etc.
% immediately.  It also would be a good idea to make sure it's passed along
% Wired, Salon, CNN, etc.  If you'd like help in doing this, let us know.
%
% --
% Doug Loss                 All I want is a warm bed
% Data Network Coordinator  and a kind word and
% Bloomsburg University     unlimited power.
% dloss@bloomu.edu                Ashleigh Brilliant
%
%
%

#Microsoft: Where do you want to go today?
#Linux: Where do you want to go tomorrow?
#BSD: Are you guys coming or what?