[seul-edu] Re: Adding apps to the Application Index (was: Re: [school-discuss] SoundTracker)

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 08:10:08AM -0400, Doug Loss wrote:
> > Is Audacity the product that is closest to SoundTracker (ie, the
> > music tracking/sequencing program, as opposed to timidity which
> > creates samples)?
(complete scramble -- where timidity _creates_ samples?! :)
(and ST is a tracker rather than sequencer of its own)

> I heard Mike's request to add SoundTracker to the SEUL/edu Educational
> Applications Index.  I've been a bit loathe to add tools like these to
> the index; my reasoning follows.
Sure.  Maybe include links to multimedia/scientific collections
already established and maintained?  Don't know for sure about
MM, but http://sal.kachinatech.com should definitely satisfy any
need in "serious sci-edu" software.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>