RE: [seul-edu] Re: Unified Front...

Title: RE: [seul-edu] Re: Unified Front...

Simple answers not computing...

Simple question/answer instead - if you mean an ISO which is intended to be installed over a base KDE 2/3 installation of whichever (SuSE :-) ) distribution you prefer, then I'm in. Separating the OS and apps will probably be less confusing anyway. At that point, with some success, I'm sure it would start to be packaged as a <insert vendor> Schools Edition.

Cheers

Chris

<major snip (not to remove SuSE insults...) >

OK, I'm going to ask a simple question.  If we provided a ISO of the top
educational apps, HOW-TOs, documentation, war stories, got permission to

distribute Star/Open Office, perhaps more, whatever (what I referred to
once as a package), would that be enough to get a district excited and
successful, or must we also include a Linux distro?

If the latter, then I'm right back to my previous statement - you have
choose one distro to run with, and you have to make it easy to run.

Only having briefly looked over some of the info I've learned about
recently, would our ISO be suitable to bundle with the terminal server
effort, or others out there?

Steve