Re: [seul-edu] Re: MS targeting schools for software

On 25 Apr 2002 at 10:22, Leon Brooks wrote:
> They can `run' XP by running a Terminal Services client run on
them which
> points at an XP `host'. This can reasonably be done either under
Windows or
> under a real operating system in 16MB or less of RAM.

Since there is no 'server' edition of XP, it can only handle one
'client' at a time, and which controls the desktop (a la VNC). Now
Win2k can run a true "terminal server" with multiple clients (more
like LTSP). Incidentally, with Citrix's add-on, your client can be a

286 w/ 2 MB RAM and a VGA card (about the only good use for a 286
now).

--
Kyle Hutson /  Director of Technology  / Rock Creek Schools:  USD323

smyle@rockcreekschools.org                              785-494-8591

Actually I am a laboratory mouse posing as an engineer as part of an

               elaborate plot to take over the world