Re: [seul-edu] Re: Unified Front...

 > We are thinking, today, about whether the server will be Debian, or
 > Slackware.  Any consensus out there, yet?

As usual, it depends on what you're trying to do.

Slackware is one step above "do it yourself" - very basic system
requirements, and as Nicolas said very basic package management (it
will install the binary, but there is no provision for uninstalling,
nor is there any dependency checking).

If you're REALLY hurting for hardware, go Slackware, otherwise
debian.

...says the guy who has his web server running on Slackware because
the system wouldn't install RedHat, and those two were all I knew.
Besides, I really don't mind compiling everything myself.

--
Kyle Hutson /  Director of Technology  / Rock Creek Schools:  USD323
smyle@rockcreekschools.org 785-494-8591