Re: [seul-edu] Re: Unified Front...

On Thursday 25 Apr 2002 23:52 pm, Kyle Hutson wrote:
> Slackware is one step above "do it yourself" - very basic system
> requirements, and as Nicolas said very basic package management (it
> will install the binary, but there is no provision for uninstalling,

Bzzt. Wrong. removepkg will uninstall for you.

> nor is there any dependency checking).

That's true, which may or may not be a good thing. If you always compile
libraries from source, it's a good thing, I suppose. If you want to stick
binary-only with everything, or are good at creating packages, use a
different distro.

Dan - who's upgraded to slackware-current and had to fix various random
brokenness.
--
Universe, n.:
	The problem.