[seul-edu] Re: [GKD] Small Towns Build Their Own High-Speed Internet Systems

Hi:  Two years ago, as you may dimly remember, I posted this:
http://www.worldccr.org/kiosks.htm
The missing piece, turns out to be the market consultant that could open the
door to a corporate partner for "making it happen".  Even with the promise of
a multi-million dollar commission that took nothing away from the recipients,
this step remains open.

Today, there is an alternative path being pursued.  This path is directed at
the schools, directly.  By providing a means to set up networks that are
without licensing restrictions, on computers that can be obtained through
donations and programs similar to what is mentioned above, entire countries
can have the infrastructure filled in with pennies.  The wireless aspects can
be pursued without regulatory "approval", and the governments of so many
countries working to control broadband access requirements can sit on their
expensive and questionable decisions.  I encourage you to visit
http://www.seul.org/ and its ISO project,
http://www.seul.org/edu/projects.html
and see how it might fit with your efforts.
Thanks,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/