[seul-edu] Distributors listening, World Domination, helping MW's school district

On Saturday 27 April 2002 22:08, Michael Williams wrote:
> In all the
> years I've been converting  our district over,  RedHat is the only one that
> has taken the time to ask what my needs are and actually listened. They are
> talking to people in education and finding out what the resistance is and
> are working on solving those issues.

Mandrake are also pretty good at listening, but haven't yet got the resources
to do stuff like send out interviewers.

>> Total World Domination takes time, after all...

Especially if someone argues the point, as `Trey' is discovering.

> Anyone actually wanting to help a 100% district wide linux server solution
> school district iron out a few issues and help document it please contact
> me. I'm sure there are better ways of doing things than I'm currently doing
> and could use some input.

If you want any sysadminning done from GMT+08 (kind of handy for long-running
things that would interfere with daily use)... well, have OpenSSH, will
travel. (-:

Cheers; Leon