Re: [Community_studios] Re: [seul-edu] Re: Unified Front...

On Tuesday 30 April 2002 10:18, Matt Drew wrote:

> One of the most frustrating things about Windows *IS* trying to fix a
> problem with something that is automated.  If we can market Linux as
> robust and easy to fix (which it generally is) there is traction there
> with the technical people who do the deployments, both in schools and in
> other places.  Part of our efforts here are to get people used to using
> Linux so that they see how really simple most things are.

Hi, Matt:  In talking with Alex, we agree that the day is not far off when
there will be high quality video infomercials available to schools, agencies,
groups, and individuals that want to see what happens when a linux
distribution is installed.  In fact, we are now mulling over how to get at
the resources to produce one such video.  If you could, check out whether RH
has an interest in such a video, and if they want to spend their money with
studioforrecording.org to produce one for them, or make one "in-house" and
let us have access to use it along with our stuff.  Now, that would be most
helpful to everyone involved on the list.  What do you think?
Thanks,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/