RE: [seul-edu] ISO evals

Isn't Java2 allowed in non-free?

Even if not, what's to stop apps targetted at J2 being included in
the edu equivalent of contrib, and a dummy J2 installer package
being included?

Tell me if I'm totally off-base here ...

> The plus side is that anyone who is not familiar with educational
> software for Linux will not know that they are only getting 70 free apps
> versus the 100+ free/non-free apps that we had originally.

If there's redundancy there, then it's not so much of an issue.  If any of
the 30 removed apps are unique (or have unique functionality somewhere
within them), then I'd argue that it's worth investigating options further.

> Darryl

  jc

Rangemaster is a business name of AGA Consumer Products Ltd. Registered in England. Registration No. 3872754.
Registered Office: 4 Arleston Way, Shirley, Solihull. B90 4LH. Part of AGA Foodservice Group Plc.

This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and you have received this e-mail in error then any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you should contact the sender by e-mail return and then delete all the material. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Rangemaster, this does not form part of a legally binding agreement.

This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of viruses, we advise that you carry out your own virus checks. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by viruses.

Rangemaster IT Support +44 01926 457400

itsupport@rangemaster.co.uk