Re: [seul-edu] ISO evals

Jonathan:

I am in Los Angeles and very interested in LINUX in the schools. Can you relay information on the person in California.

Thank you in advance.

Candy Tanamachi

In a message dated 4/6/03 1:23:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time, declaretruth@yahoo.com writes:

Hey Guys,

To encourage everyone on how important this project is, I just had a
phone consultation with a school district in California. They were very
interested in Linux and have started to setup test systems. The
educational software coordinator, Nondra, was having a very hard time
finding the good educational applications that run on Linux. I let her
know about this project and am going to send her a Freeduc CD. However I
don't know the content of the Freeduc CD, I am sure they do not have all
the educational applications on the CD. The school officials that are
considering using Linux desperately NEED a good source for the
educational software that is available. They need some thing that makes
it easier for them to get hands on and demo software, it would be a
nightmare to go all over the internet to get the available software.

So I am letting you know that the frontlines need this tool. Thanks for
everyone's work.

Regards :),
Jonathan Hughes
Linux In Education Portal