Re: Thrilling Linux Promath eductaional program

>I wonder if we might be able to find a way to emulate (remember, we are
on
>486s and up usualy) and apple IIe, and use a disk image (ram disk?) for

>the programs.
>
>This would alowe schools to use the current inventory of apple IIe
>programs.
>

>The school I am working with (linux lab, K-5, Corbett Elementary
School,
>Tucson AZ, www.corbettschool.org (page is not up yet) still has a bunch
of
>apple IIe computers in the classroom.
>
>A lot of these programs were sitelicensed years ago.

Freshmeat lists one Apple II emulator on their emulator page
<http://www.freshmeat.net/appindex/x11/emulators.html>, KEGS:

  http://www2.crosswinds.net/san-jose/~kentd/kegs/

If we had subject pages (like computer languages, authoring tools,
etc.), it would make sense to make one for emulators too.  I've never
been patient enough to get through all the annoyances of emulators (ROM
images, boot files, disk images...), so I haven't even got dosemu to
work.  Others have been more successful, I imagine.

  -- Ian