Re: Topologica port to Linux (was: A call to action)

Marshal Anderson wrote:

>   And if so, could the porter choose to release the
> > port under a GPL
> > license?
>
> Sorry, don't know what one of those is.

The GPL (General Public License) <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html>
is the heart of the Free or Open Source software community.  It's a
viral license, meaning that part of the license requires derivative
works to be licensed under GPL too.  Rather than describe what's in it,
I commend the license to your inspection.