Projectg Seagull was: OpenClassroom

I've just found out about Porject Seagull, which is a project to build a
text-based GUI on top of FreeDOS. I can't tell you how much of a dream
of mine this has been over the years :) Initial information and
screenshots are available on http://www.freedos.org/ ... it is very
Q/QuickBasicish, but at 132x50 I don't think I'd care too much :)
Unfortunatly I can't find any contact information on the web page for the
people developing it, but hopefully that will change.

It does seem to be lacking a word processor though it does come with a
notepad style text editor. I downloaded the pine source the other day to
examine pico and see if it was worth pursuing forking UW's code to give
pico a more word-processor feel. It looks like it would be worht a go if
there is sufficient interest in a text-based wp. The next big question is
when am I going to have time to work on it :) Hopefully I can get some of
the members of the LUG@UTD interested in it.

So! Is there interest in a curses based word processor for use in
seul-edu?

--
Michael Hamblin            http://www.utdallas.edu/~michaelh/
michaelh@utdallas.edu      http://www.ductape.net/